Monthly Archives: March 2014

Baghdurbar – The Tiger Palace

- - Architecture

Bagh Durbar – The Tiger Palace

The Baghdurbar (also known as Bag Durbar or Hari Bhawan) is situated at Sundhara, the core of Kathmandu city, 150m southeast of Dharahara. It is an important historical monument regarding Nepali politics as it has been a witness to a number of treacherous events most of which are violent. The building had been a home to many powerful names in the political history of Nepal, including those of Prime Minister Bhimsen Thapa, Prime Minister Mathvarsingh Thapa and General Hari Shumsher JBR. Continue Reading

internapply – Internships in Kathmandu

- - Applications

Plunging into the web based application development which is vigorously extending its supremacy in the Nepalese techno industry, it would be a great pleasure to spread the name “internapply”. Similar to “I am Kathmandu”(which I have covered in the previous post), intern apply is a data location comforting reliable data regarding intern opportunities available at least in Kathmandu valley and cities around. A wise start and promisingly beneficial platform to the students seeking intern opportunities while a perfect area to hire a qualified intern to the business firms. Continue Reading

I am Kathmandu – Discover Kathmandu

- - Applications

I am Kathmandu. Attractions, bars, cafes, hotels, restaurants, casinos, cinema halls and much more in a single web application that managed to conquer the first sentence of my article. Yes, I am Kathmandu may be defined as a data center as it administers the veracious information of the above mentioned topics. Kathmandu, the heart of Nepal (capital city) itself is an open museum. I must admit, it is always the case that we tend to spend some best part of our brain to figure out the best café and bars and end up being disappointed. Thanks to the developers of ‘I am Kathmandu’ for walking that extra mile and pressuring the browser to display a wide range of bars and cafes, casinos and cinema halls, places of attraction, restaurants and even more. Continue Reading

hola unblocker – Hola Unblocker for google chrome and mozilla firefox

- - Applications

Hola Better Internet

A scenario in absence of hola internet unblocker is presented here. Surfing internet may be a waste of time if you are not able to make most out of it. Here ‘most out of it’ refers to supremacy over all of the websites published till date. Most often we happen to encounter that some sites (for example Netflix) are unauthorized to run in some region or countries. Gone are those days to follow the instructions and find best alternative site against the one that clicked your like. At this point of time, internet has become a vast planet to explore from. But sometimes things may be close enough to vision it but much farther to get it. Phrase like this makes sense when the requested url prints out some messages like ‘not available in your country yet’ or ‘unauthorized’ onto your screen instead of loading the content of the site. Continue Reading

Beware, scammers in your inbox

- - Web

An unknown email lands into your inbox with some fascinating deals. Fascinating because these kinds of electronic mails involves surprisingly high amount of money deals. These emails seduce you to bounce your fingertips onto the typing machine to let the reply fly back with no waste of time. Ever encountered this situation? Feeling lucky to receive the mail? Let me spoil the whole thing. The mail that earned your attention had dozens of BCCs. Blind Carbon Copy would be an appropriate option for the mailer to drive your attention-filled mail to his account. The contents of the email mostly start with a sad and convincing story explaining they were seeking your help. If you respond to the mail showing sharp attention, you would be asked for your location, bank account number plus some additional information. They would want to transfer a huge amount of money to your personal account and guide you to transfer 90% of the sum to some other account or through IMEs and reward you with the remaining 10%. A convincing deal, isn’t it? Easy money. Continue Reading