This short post will walk through simple steps to download udemy videos which are not downloadable from the website. Most of the paid udemy courses as well as some free courses are unavailable to download at udemy.com . I personally have around 200 courses in my account. Now most of these courses were not available for download. Fortunately I found a python script on the internet which solved my problem easily. It is udemy-dl.
Installation of udemydl
- Install Python for your operating system, preferably Python3
- Install pip (python package installer) if not already installed with Python.
Install udemy-dl via
pip install udemy-dl
The udemy-dl installed from pip doesn’t work. Therefore we need to download it from github. Follow the steps below
- Clone the repository or download the repository as a zip and extract it from https://github.com/r0oth3x49/udemy-dl.
- Navigate to the folder through command line/terminal.
- Install dependencies of udemy-dl
pip install -r requirements.txt
The above command will install all the prerequisites for udemy-dl to run correctly.
Using udemydl to download courses from Udemy account
Open command line/terminal and navigate to the udemy-dl folder that you downloaded and enter the command python udemy-dl.py link_to_the_course_on_website
python udemy-dl.py https://www.udemy.com/COURSE_NAME
python udemy-dl.py https://www.udemy.com/learn-how-to-deploy-docker-applications-to-production
You will be asked for the username and password for your udemy account. Once credentials are entered, it begins the download.
Thanks for reading